Monday, November 28, 2011

The Stockings Were Hung by the Chimney with Care...

The decorations are up at our house and we excited about the beginning of the Christmas season. As you can see, 5 stockings are hanging this year in anticipation of the newest family member. 

We spoke to the adoption agency today and were told that it will probably be several more months before we travel to Russia.  This was not music to this waiting mama's ears.  I've been hoping for a referral before Christmas, dreaming of filling a stocking for our child this year.  It looks like that dream isn't going to be a reality for 2011. 

In spite of this disappointment, I must hold on in faith that God's timing is perfect.  Having battled with God over my desire to control timing throughout our infertility struggles, I realize that this is something I must surrender to God, knowing He knows what is best more than I can even imagine.  Still my heart aches for a child who lives right now on the other side of the world, waiting for a family. We are waiting with open arms.  Tonight, 4 year old Dylan prayed, "God, please bring our orphan here so we can be with him forever!"   This is my prayer too.  I pray that God "parts the sea" of bureaucratic red tape and brings our child home sooner than expected.  Please pray that our child is brought home soon. 

1 comment:

  1. God just has the best timing and He always has our best interest at heart as well. I love you and your Whole family no matter where they live in the world on this particular day. Soon everyone will be together forever just like Dylan prayed. - Brandi

    ReplyDelete