Friday, June 8, 2012

Breaking the silence....

Many have been telling me recently that they are ready for an update on our adoption and I realize that we haven't written anything on here in several months.  So, I figured it was time to update everyone on where we are at. 

After the very, very difficult decision to turn down the referral last January, we were told to expect another referral within a few weeks.  Unfortunately, that has not been the case.  We are still waiting.  Personally, I vacillate between sitting on pins and needles, expecting each phone call to be a call telling us to come meet our child, and anxiously wondering what is wrong and why it is taking so long.  We have communicated with our agency, asking what the delay is about.  They do not know exactly,but have reminded us that things often do not go as expected with foreign governments and that we will get a referral someday, we just cant predict when. 

So, we really do not have news to report other than that we are waiting.  I ask for your prayers for our little one who needs a home. I hate that government red tape is causing them to live in an orphanage without a family longer than necessary.  All four of us are ready and are all learning about patience, waiting, and trusting God.

A few weeks ago, I believe God spoke to me through a verse, reminding me that He is in control of the timing of all of this, and all we can do is wait in an attititude of faith and trust.   "....If it seems slow in coming, wait.  Its on its way. It will come right on time."  (Habakkuk 2:3)  Despite not understanding, I am trusting God's perfect timing in the whole process.  Thanks for the support and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful verse. Thank you for sharing. Always praying for you. Love every one of you guys. - Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful verse. Thank you for sharing. Always praying for you. Love every one of you guys. - Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of funny that you posted, I was thinking of y'all the other day, wondering if you had any news. Thanks for the update, and our prayers will continue for this whole process. - Amy Cecil

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that verse. It is so true. God's timing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete