Thursday, July 26, 2012

Getting Ready...

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas as I wait for the 9 days until we board the plane to meet our son!  I am so excited.  This week, we worked on getting his room ready. Although, it will still be a few months before he is home to sleep in it, it brought our family a lot of joy to get it ready for him. 

We moved into our new house last March and, not knowing if we were adopting a boy or girl, we left the room undecorated and full of boxes. I was ready to see the room ready for our child! 
We re-used Dylan's old room decor. Painters came to paint the room this week, and last night, Brent, the kids, and I hung curtains and pictures.


Hanging pictures...
 Fixing the room...
 The kids were so excited to  help decorate the room.  Dylan remarked, "I can't wait until I can love him." 


The room is finished for now. Maddie reminded us, "The room isnt done until my brother is here to sleep in it." 

1 comment: