Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back to Waiting...

I cannot believe it has been a week since we left Moscow to head home.  Arriving home was bitter-sweet.  I was very excited to get home and see Maddie and Dylan and enjoy our last couple of weeks of summer before school starts.  At the same time, I find myself constantly thinking about Nik, missing him, and anticipating our life together as a family of 5.  Brent and I are absolutely in love with him.  I have waited through 9 months (well, 8 months and 1 week, since both of my kids were born early) of pregnancy twice waiting for a child to join my home, but this does not compare.  I have heard my little boy laugh, listened to him try to communicate with us, played with him, and heard him scream "Mama" for me as I had to leave.  It is very difficult  having to wait to bring him home!  But, I am trusting in God to take care of him and comfort his (and my) heart until we can be together as a family. 

This week, we have worked hard to finish up the last (I hope!) of our paperwork for our court hearing.  This week has been full of doctor's appointments for physicals for all 4 of us, putting together photo albums for the judge to look at in our court hearing, and other last minute documents.  We are waiting for the FBI to clear our background check and they are not moving fast enough for this waiting mama.  According to our agency, we should know the date of our court hearing in the next week  or  so and then will be able to start making travel plans for trip #2.  I am excited to see Nik but already dreading having to say "goodbye" again!  I cannot wait for trip #3 when we bring him home! 

Thanks for all the love and support.  For those praying for us, our specific request now is that we get our FBI background check back ASAP so that does not cause a delay in the court hearing.  Also, please pray that Nik will be well cared for and will not be too confused by us coming in and out of his life while we wait to bring him home for good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment